- 1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 12 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions sliced diagonally, with the green and white parts separated
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Ingredients for the marinade
- ¼ cup liquid aminos
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade
- Add the sliced steak to the marinade, toss to coat, and refrigerate for at least 15 min.
- Add some cooking fat to a skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the bell peppers, the whites of the scallions, the ginger, and the garlic, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and add to the same skillet. Sauté until brown (about 2-3 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet, add the green parts of the scallions, cook for another minute, and serve.